Acupressure is a self-massage technique that involves pressing and working acupuncture points with the fingers. It can be a great way to keep yourself healthy or take the edge off an acute flare-up of pain. Here’s all you need to know about acupressure:
Important takeaway points from the video:
- How to find points:
- Look for depressions in the skin, muscle tissue, or indentations in the bone.
- Feel for an area where the surface of the skin feels different. This is the ‘live point’.
- Points are often sore or tender when pressing in at a certain angle, particularly when those points are appropriate for you.
- How to use points:
- Press & massage in a circle for 5-10 seconds.
- Exhale while massaging & repeat 2-3 times.
- Feel like you’re pressing through the point, not just on it.
- When to use acupressure:
- Primarily for when a problem is actively flaring up.
- Can use multiple times per day, every few hours.
More Acupressure Posts
We have a sporadic series of posts on acupressure and are adding more regularly. For details about points to treat specific conditions, check out the list below:
For any more questions or if you are looking for other things you can do for yourself, schedule your consultation today to get your answers!