Acupressure is a self-massage technique that involves pressing and working acupuncture points with the fingers. It can be a great way to keep yourself healthy or take the edge off an acute flare-up of pain. Here’s all you need to know about acupressure:
Important takeaway points from the video:
- How to find points:
- Look for depressions in the skin, muscle tissue, or indentations in the bone.
- Feel for an area where the surface of the skin feels different. This is the ‘live point’.
- Points are often sore or tender when pressing in at a certain angle, particularly when those points are appropriate for you.
- How to use points:
- Press & massage in a circle for 5-10 seconds.
- Exhale while massaging & repeat 2-3 times.
- Feel like you’re pressing through the point, not just on it.
- When to use acupressure:
- Primarily for when a problem is actively flaring up.
- Can use multiple times per day, every few hours.
More Acupressure Posts
For any more questions or if you are looking for other things you can do for yourself, schedule your consultation today to get your answers!